Silence tourism - get to know the new relax program – Just Hanging Out! – A night of "forest bathing". A night in forest. Become one with nature, feel how the wind blows, experience how a dewdrop feels on your skin, taste the sunset! Close your eyes and sense, taste and breathe in sync with nature. When you’re just hanging out you can enjoy the rain like nature’s shower or curl up in a hammock under a shelter and listen to the rain dance on the roof. "Forest bathing" is all about caring for your mind and body while taking a trip into yourself. Come and experience the natural alphabet of our forefathers and spend an unforgettable night in the wilderness!
Spend a night in a private nature reserve in hammocks (a Finnish lean-to and small cabin also available, if needed) near a lake / campfire site.
Possibility of fishing with rods, canoeing, walking on silence trail.
Min-max group size
Spring, summer, autumn
Guaranteed departures 2019:
15.6., 29.6., 6.7., 20.7.(almost fullmoon), 3.8. and 17.8.2019 (fullmoon)
€90/person, valid in 2019
“Just hanging out! – A night of forest bathing” package includes:
- a walk together to the camp
- a hammock (Ticket to the Moon) with tree-friendly ropes and separate insect and rain protection
- instructions (manual) for setting up a hammock
- packed breakfast for you to enjoy by yourself firewood for your campfire, or - in case of forest fire warning use of a Trangia stove
- vessels for boiling water for coffee and tea, sausage sticks or holder
- fresh drinking water
- safety instructions
- sleeping bags; bring warm clothes!
Available for additional fees:
- breakfast ready prepared for you in the forest €15/person
- sleeping bag hire €15/person and camping mat €5/person
- picnic basket: sausages (meat or vegetarian), sandwiches, tea €8/person
- canoe hire with safety belts and instructions €50
Karelia Cottages (lean-to) in nature reserve by Lake Orivesi, Saimaa, in Rääkkylä.
Accommodation is available also in the following places: Laitalan Lomat in Valtimo (on the river), Puukarin Pysäkki, (Paalajanvaara) Männikkölän Pirtti in Nurmes (on Lake Pielinen) and Majatalo Pihlajapuu (in the forest). Each place has its own unique characteristics, so services may differ. Swimming is possible in some locations.
Marked hiking trails (where available) – map rental €2
Paddling, merked routes (where available) – map rental €2
Cycling, hiking, Nordic Walking – map rental €2
Nordic Walking poles – €15/pair
Fishing (Everyman’s Rights) – map rental €2
Finnish, English, German
Our responsible tour operator is Äksyt Ämmät Oy